SALARY: Commensurate with experience
LOCATION: Remote-first, to work on UK time
EMPLOYMENT BASIS: Full time
- There will always be something interesting for you to do. We’re an award-winning hyper-scale B2B SaaS business – 750x growth in monthly revenues over the last two years, still growing at 10%+ month-on-month.
- You’ll be part of a fast-changing industry that is shaping how we work in the post-pandemic world. We’re working at the cutting edge of the converged/unified communications, collaboration, and telecommunications industries.
- Our ambition isn’t limited by geography yours doesn’t need to be either. We’re global – we work with 300 partners to serve end-users in over 100 countries.
- You’ll be part of a remote-first global team. We’re remote first, all work from home and follow a philosophy of “sometimes life gets in the way of work, and sometimes work gets in the way of life”. So, ditch the commute and work more flexibly.
- You’ll have some amazing people around you. Serial entrepreneurs, technical experts, industry gurus– we all support each other.
We are a global unified communications company specializing in mediation between voice and IT infrastructure. Recently described by a NYSE analyst as ‘the de facto way to voice-enable Microsoft Teams’ we punch well above our weight.
Our core product is Call2Teams – a Microsoft-approved middleware product that seamlessly connects any business phone system or SIP Trunk provider to Microsoft Teams. Call2Teams is a cloud-native, enterprise-grade, and high-availability mediation platform that operates multi-tenant infrastructure in 4 continents across 12 Azure regions. We work with multiple Microsoft-approved cloud-based SBC vendors and have interoperability with over 30 PBX/Call controllers and over 30 trunk providers. The product is sold on a per-user, per month SaaS basis and is sold only through channel partners. We have over 275 channel partners, including providing a private-labeled service to most of the world’s biggest UCaaS and CCaaS providers. See www.call2teams.com for more information.
We recently launched a second product, Carrier Automate – a cloud service technology that bridges between Service Providers (telco operators and carriers) and Microsoft Teams. Partnering with Ribbon Communications, we are one of only a handful of approved Microsoft Operator Connect Accelerator partners. This product is in early life but promises to be as innovative and class-leading as Call2Teams. This is your chance to join us at the beginning of this exciting journey. See www.carrierautomate.com for more information.
We were founded in the UK in 2017 and have recently joined the DSNTY group. The business has seen hyper-growth in the last two years and has a product roadmap that will see this high growth continue. We are a fully remote team with employees in the UK, Europe, and the US.
We are a tight-knit team determined to build great products. If all this resonates with you, then we’d love to hear from you.
As our senior Product Designer you will have a key role in the business; driving the delivery of our product vision – to have a world-class, marketing-leading product experience for our partners, their customers and our team internally.
Reporting to the CPO (Chief Product Officer), on a daily basis you will be working with team members from Engineering, QA and Product, taking the lead on research, user journey mapping, prototyping, wireframes, mock-ups and testing – and that’s just the start. You will be involved right from the beginning of Product Development until the very end, with the objective of ensuring world-class UX and superb UI delivery.
We will be looking to you to build and shape how we understand our users better, how this is documented and processed, and how we utilize the right tools to reflect this in our products. Ultimately your activities will accelerate business growth, drive increased partner engagement, raise the profile of our products and brands, and support the team in hitting ambitious targets.
You will be working across both Call2Teams and Carrier Automate. Call2Teams is an established product with hundreds of thousands of end users. Carrier Automate is a brand-new product in a brand new market. You will need to be able to adapt to the needs of both of these products.
Key activities include:
- Contribute to strategic decisions with product leadership to produce impactful solutions for our users
- Champion our partners and their customers and be their voice internally. Follow and adhere to a user-centered design philosophy, creating intuitive experiences that are on brand and delight customers.
- Communicate design decisions, progress and facilitate workshops, to ensure internal stakeholders are aligned and their requirements are met.
- Working closely with colleagues across the business and using both quantitative and qualitative insight to inform and validate your design decisions.
- Communicate opportunities, progress, and issues across the business as appropriate.
- Define and evolve design for our platform. Leading the contribution to its development and documentation.
- Champion best UX practices, and drive this forward with Product Management and other project team members.
- Challenge the Product team on how we work, helping to adopt new practices, tools, and develop a solid design culture.
- Drive the creation and maintenance of accessibility guidelines to ensure our platform is the best product it can be.
- Understand the technology and business processes that underpin our user experiences.
- Work with the wider Customer Success and Sales teams to continually improve ways of working and maximize market insight.
Skills and experiences that will help you succeed:
We are looking for a creative thinker, a problem solver, and someone that has a high attention to detail. You will not be fazed in the face of ambiguity and will have a self-starter mentality. Outstanding communication and presentation skills are crucial, as well as being highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- 5 years’ + industry experience as a CX/UX/UI, Product Designer; delivering value in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience planning and conducting stakeholder interviews, user research, competitor benchmarking, and journey mapping
- Experience with relevant design tools. For example, Figma, Sketch, Axure, Adobe XD.
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and designs through sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, and interactive prototypes (with behavior hand-off notes for developers)
- Excellent user story and acceptance criteria creation skills
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions to key stakeholders.
- Previous experience creating, contributing to, and using design systems
- Passionate about inclusive and accessible design
- Strong skills in visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, composition, color, layout) and all-other product design outputs
- Able to work well independently and within a team; with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A highly refined portfolio demonstrating strong product and design process and thinking.
Nice to have’s:
- Knowledge and understanding of B2B SaaS, Telecoms or UCaaS environments
- Bachelor’s/Masters’ degree in UXD or a equivalent qualification
- Experience in making data-driven design decisions (e.g. from analytics, quant/qual research, and AB tests).
Qualities and behaviours we’re looking for:
- A strong desire to get stuff done with a ruthless fixation on delivery.
- Actively seeking to improve existing solutions or find new ones.
- Owning making stuff happen – looking in the mirror, not out the window, when it comes to identifying someone to take responsibility and get stuff done.
- Paying attention to the detail. Given that our partners and their end-users rely on Call2Teams for business-critical voice-calling, we’re pedantic about the quality of the work we do.
- Being unafraid of acknowledging when you need help.
- Accomplished at asking the right questions and communicating clearly in written and verbal form.
- Preference for working in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- Love for, and curiosity about, new technologies and methodologies and how they shape the world.
- Experience of working in a startup or scale-up with an understanding that everyone needs to roll their sleeves up and get involved.
What we’re offering:
- Competitive salary
- Work for one of the most disruptive and successful unified communications startups
- 25 days paid holiday per year (plus any public holidays
- Annual conference/training contribution
- Pension contributions (UK only, cash equivalent for non-UK)
- Healthcare + life assurance + critical illness cover (UK only, cash equivalent for non-UK)
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Email your CV to email@example.com.Email your C.V.