Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: UK – Remote, to work on GMT
Employment Basis: Fulltime
- There will always be something interesting for you to do. We’re an award-winning scale-up B2B SaaS business – 750x growth in monthly revenues over the last two years, still growing at 10%+ month-on-month.
- You’ll be part of a fast-changing industry that is shaping how we work in the post-pandemic world. We’re working at the cutting edge of the converged/unified communications, collaboration and telecommunications industries.
- Our ambition isn’t limited by geography yours doesn’t need to be either. We’re global – we work with 300 partners to serve end-users in over 100 countries.
- You’ll be part of a remote-first global team. We’re remote first, all work from home and follow a philosophy of “sometimes life gets in the way of work, and sometimes work gets in the way of life”. So ditch the commute and work more flexibly.
- You’ll have some amazing people around you. Serial entrepreneurs, technical experts, industry gurus– you’ll have a great team around you.
We are a global unified communications company specializing in mediation between voice and IT infrastructure. Recently described by a NYSE analyst as ‘the de facto way to voice-enable Microsoft Teams’ we punch well above our weight.
Our core product is Call2Teams – a Microsoft approved middleware product that seamlessly connects any business phone system or SIP Trunk provider to Microsoft Teams. Call2Teams is a cloud-native, enterprise-grade and high-availability mediation platform that operates multi-tenant infrastructure in 4 continents across 12 Azure regions. We work with multiple Microsoft approved cloud-based SBC vendors and have interoperability with over 30 PBX/Call controllers and over 30 trunk providers. The product is sold on a per user, per month SaaS basis and is sold only through channel partners. We have over 275 channel partners, including providing a private-labelled service to most of the world’s biggest UCaaS and CCaaS providers. See www.call2teams.com for more information.
We recently launched a second product, Carrier Automate – a cloud service technology that bridges between Service Providers (telco operators and carriers) and Microsoft Teams. Partnering with Ribbon Communications, we are one of only a handful of approved Microsoft Operator Connect Accelerator partners. This product is in early life but promises to be as innovative and class leading as Call2Teams. This is your chance to join us at the beginning of this exciting journey. See www.carrierautomate.com for more information.
We were founded in the UK in 2017 and have recently joined the Destiny Group. The business has seen hyper-growth in the last two years and has a product roadmap that will see this high growth continue. We are a fully remote team with employees in the UK, Europe and the US.
We are a tight-knit team determined to build great products. If all this resonates with you, then we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
We’re looking for an outstanding leader to manage and lead our Support function.
You will own the strategy for Support within Destiny Automate, driving towards excellence while stewarding the collaborative culture that has helped us grow so fast.
You will be responsible for ensuring the teams deliver a top-notch service to our partners. You will own our Partner interactions and relationships including strategic conversations about the supportability of our combined offerings, the ticket landscape, Change and regular partnership communications. You must be highly motivated, energetic, able to work autonomously, and willing to collaborate regularly with your colleagues.
Be accountable for the overall success of the Support function, and lead our combined 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support teams. This will include our new 3rd line 24×7 shift function as we recruit the staff in various locations around the world.
Own and manage the business’s Support strategy, defining the goals and KPIs that will describe ‘what good looks like’ – and measure that performance. You’ll make the right calls on the priority and urgency of issues to ensure that the team gives our Partners what they need.
Strive for a first-time fix culture within the support function.
Be accountable for ensuring that our Knowledge Base is fit-for-purpose with the right level of technical information, market-leading usability and measurable impact on reducing the number of support tickets. Under your guidance the team will work with our Technical Author(s) in the Product team to find the right balance of detail and readability.
Participate in technology leadership tasks across the business and be a valued member of the decision-making team.
Mentor / coach the Support Team Lead(s) and other team members who look to you for leadership and advise them on their future career development.
Key activities include:
- Setting the bar for the performance of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd line teams
- Owning the ‘Partner Experience’ in relation to Support: everything from our Knowledge Base to how we manage tickets and communicate incident related information.
- Build and maintain a successful team.
- Establish the 3rd line shift 24×7 function.
- Line management of the Support Team Leads who run our global 3rd line teams.
- Structure and manage the 3rd line 24×7 shift Rota.
- Act as a point of escalation.
- Instigate and drive Continuous Improvement activities.
- Investigate and recommend the most appropriate tools to enable the teams to be successful.
- Mentoring, coaching, and training of the team.
- Collaborate closely with other teams to prioritize, develop, and embed updates to the core product that would reduce support tickets.
Skills and experiences that will help you succeed:
Our platform sits between Microsoft Teams and existing telephony infrastructure. At this level, direct experience of SIP, trunking and individual PBX vendors is not required – but you must have managed a substantial Support function operating in a similarly complex environment.
- Experience in leading and managing a successful Support function as a VP of Support (or similar role) in a scale-up business.
- Previous experience in managing staff in distributed international locations.
- Excellent understanding and clear views on best practices in creating outstanding user experiences in Support functions
- Experience of managing the service of a critical system that partners depend on
- Ideally, you’ll already have experience in the UCaaS industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – the ability to work in English is a must if English isn’t your native language.
- You’ll need to be available to meet in various locations (including London) on an occasional basis.
Qualities and behaviors we’re looking for:
- A strong desire to get stuff done with a ruthless fixation on delivery.
- Actively seeking to improve existing solutions or find new ones.
- Owning making stuff happen – looking in the mirror, not out the window, when it comes to identifying someone to take responsibility and get stuff done.
- Paying attention to the detail. Given that our partners and their end-users rely on Call2Teams for business-critical voice-calling, we’re pedantic about the quality of the work we do.
- Being unafraid of acknowledging when you need help.
- Accomplished at asking the right questions and communicating clearly in written and verbal form.
- Preference for working in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- Love for, and curiosity about, new technologies and methodologies and how they shape the world.
- Experience of working in a startup or scale-up with an understanding that everyone needs to roll their sleeves up and get involved.
What we’re offering:
- A great salary
- Work for one of the most disruptive and successful unified communications startups
- 25 days paid holiday per year (plus any public holidays)
- Annual conference/training contribution
- Pension contributions
- Healthcare + life assurance + critical illness cover (UK only, cash equivalent for non-UK)
Qunifi is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a few paragraphs on why you’re interested in the role (formal cover letter not required).
NOTE TO AGENCIES: where Agency assistance is required the Qunifi Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Qunifi by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.