SALARY: Commensurate with experience
LOCATION: Remote-first, to work on either UK/EU or EST time zones
EMPLOYMENT BASIS: Full time (flexible hours/part-time considered)
- There will always be something interesting for you to do. We’re an award-winning hyper-scale B2B SaaS business – 750x growth in monthly revenues over the last two years, still growing at 10%+ month-on-month. Profitable since early 2021.
- You’ll be part of a fast-changing industry that is shaping how we work in the post-pandemic world. We’re working at the cutting edge of the converged/unified communications, collaboration and telecommunications industries.
- Our ambition isn’t limited by geography yours doesn’t need to be either. We’re global – we work with 300 partners to serve end-users in over 100 countries.
- You’ll be part of a remote-first global team. We’re remote first, all work from home and follow a philosophy of “sometimes life gets in the way of work, and sometimes work gets in the way of life”. So, ditch the commute and work more flexibly.
- You’ll have some amazing people around you. Serial entrepreneurs, technical experts, industry gurus– we all support each other.
We are a global unified communications company specializing in mediation between voice and IT infrastructure. Recently described by a NYSE analyst as ‘the defacto way to voice-enable Microsoft Teams’ we punch well above our weight.
Our core product is Call2Teams – a Microsoft-approved middleware product that seamlessly connects any business phone system or SIP Trunk provider to Microsoft Teams. Call2Teams is a cloud-native, enterprise-grade and high-availability mediation platform that operates multi-tenant infrastructure in 4 continents across 12 Azure regions. We work with multiple Microsoft-approved cloud-based SBC vendors and have interoperability with over 30 PBX/Call controllers and over 30 trunk providers. The product is sold on a per-user, per month SaaS basis and is sold only through channel partners. We have over 300 channel partners, including providing a private-labeled service to most of the world’s biggest UCaaS and CCaaS providers. See www.call2teams.com for more information.
We recently launched a second product, Carrier Automate – a cloud service technology that bridges between Service Providers (telco operators and carriers) and Microsoft Teams. Partnering with Ribbon Communications, we are one of only a handful of approved Microsoft Operator Connect Accelerator partners. This product is in early life but promises to be as innovative and class-leading as Call2Teams. This is your chance to join us at the beginning of this exciting journey. See www.carrierautomate.com for more information.
We were founded in the UK in 2017 and have recently joined the DSNTY group. The business has seen hyper-growth in the last two years and has a product roadmap that will see this high growth continue.
We are a tight-knit team determined to build great products. If all this resonates with you, then we’d love to hear from you.
As our VP Sales you will have a key role in the business; ensuring that the business meets revenue targets. You will be a ‘player manager’ who will be equally comfortable closing business, fulfilling the potential of existing accounts and leading the team.
You will work closely with the CEO and the rest of the senior management team to articulate the sales strategy, to manage the sales, brand marketing and customer success teams to execute on the strategy.
Selling exclusively to the channel, the team is relatively small – currently we are three sales people (2 in the UK one in Canada, all operating globally), and two in marketing (both UK). The customer success team is ‘under construction’.
Revenues come from approximately 300 partners with partners HQs spread globally (you will need to be flexible to sometimes take calls early or late). Sales are currently product-led with sales strategies for Carrier Automate (focussed on partner acquisition) and Call2Teams (focussed on partner activation) articulated and reported separately.
Key activities include:
- Work with the exec to continually evolve our sales strategies; reviewing account plans, outbound sales strategies, product-driven sales strategies, strategic partners, and Group sales strategies to ensure that we meet stretching revenue targets.
- Engage with strategic accounts; personally identify, engage, and close strategic deals, and support the sales team in the strategic management of their accounts.
- Manage the existing sales team and the customer success teams; including reviewing the existing commission plan and targets.
- Manage the brand marketing team – product marketing will report into the Chief Product Officer (CPO), with a dotted-line into the VP of Sales.
- Ensure that sales operations continue to evolve and mature; build additional maturity in pipeline reporting, partner relationship reporting, overall performance reporting.
- Contribute to the overall direction of the business as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT).
Skills and experiences that will help you succeed:
You will be an ambitious and proven sales leader with experience in high-growth B2B SaaS:
- Experience in unified communications or an adjacent industry is preferred, but not required for the right person. Adjacent industries include B2B SaaS in telecommunications, voice resellers, IT resellers, systems integrators, and contact centre.
- A track record of creating and managing high-performing sales and marketing teams is essential; you’ll bring a sales ‘toolkit’ that can be quickly deployed to deliver a step-change in our sales operations.
- You’ll be ruthlessly commercial with an eye for opportunity while at the same time being a good listener, who does business in a consultative fashion to build strong long-term relationships.
Qualities and behaviours we’re looking for:
- A strong desire to get stuff done with a ruthless fixation on delivery and meeting targets.
- Actively seeking to improve existing solutions or find new ones.
- Owning making stuff happen – looking in the mirror, not out the window, when it comes to identifying someone to take responsibility and get stuff done.
- Paying attention to the detail. Given that our partners and their end-users rely on us for business-critical voice-calling, we’re pedantic about the quality of the work we do.
- Being unafraid of acknowledging when you need help.
- Accomplished at asking the right questions and communicating clearly in written and verbal form.
- Preference for working in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- Love for, and curiosity about, new technologies and methodologies and how they shape the world.
- Experience of working in a startup or scale-up with an understanding that everyone needs to roll their sleeves up and get involved.
What we’re offering:
- Work for one of the most disruptive and successful unified communications startups
- 25 days paid holiday per year (plus any public holidays)
- Annual conference/training contribution
- Pension contributions (UK only, cash equivalent for non-UK)
- Healthcare + life assurance + critical illness cover (UK only, cash equivalent for non-UK)
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email your C.V.
Posted on 22/07/2022